Thursday, September 24, 2009

Official Plan for Phase 1

Technically, I already started the business portion of this project a month ago. However, as I finally see that ever so welcoming "imagine a world" as well as the name of yours truly on a actual binded book today, it certainly feels like a big milestone. Let the selling begin!

As emphasized many times, the goal is 500 books sold for the phase one of the project. However, what I am revealing now is the true details on the exact what, where and when.

Alright lets go!

Agincourt CI

I am sure all of you knew the "problem" that happened my own school. Appropriate steps had been taken. There will be around 15-20 people that will be distributing this book around ACI. Due to the eminent leadership retreat(which I STILL don't know if I am going or not! frigging school admins), It will be better for me to delay the sales a bit and do a little more mouth to mouth advertising.

Monday Sept 28th to Friday Oct 1st - Presale
We will be starting to accept money for the books starting this moment. You can either give the money to me, Jessica, Yiwang or Anna at this point. You will not receive your book directly, but you will get it a week before most people(Next Monday Oct 4th).

Monday Oct 13th - Teacher Sale
I will probably bring 50-70 copies to school this day and most of them will go to the teachers.

Tuesday Oct 14th - Official Sale begins
I wont be able to bring 200 books directly at once, so I will bring them in in a three day period. I will first give distributors(those who are selling for us) the copies they are selling, but starting this point, you can buy it from the people on this list:

Terry Zhou
Jessica Yang
Yiwang Yuan
Matt Davooti
Anna Ma
Xuan Yao
George Wang
Michael Wang
Andy Luc
Ricky Shek
Ming Jiang
Sonia Zhang
Shuying Chen
Edward Zhang
Kumiko Motomura
James Chen
Brian Chu
Michael Poon

This list is the one I am looking at so far, it may still be on the increase as I am going to ask more people.

University of Toronto

Dave Liang at Scarborough Campus will be the main director in the university. He is planning to join the student union and come up with a official sales event with their approval. I will update on that later on. I will also have a number of other friends who will help me selling the books personally in the university.

Victoria Park CI

Leon Ni will be the director at this school. As far as I know, he will be selling this book through the book club(don't know the exact name). Ben Hu will also be helping out.

Dr.Norman Bethune CI

Shiping Shen will be the director here. I do not have the exact details on the plans yet. However, if you are also willing to help him out, just contact me or him.

Other Schools/Places

Contact me directly if you want to get this book in October! Unless you can meet with me or any of the people that is selling the book, I guess you have to wait until this fundraiser expands into the community late November.

No comments: