Thursday, September 3, 2009

Book in print tommorow

There was a strange sense of surrealism today. I am still in awe of what I am about to see. An actual printed book with my name on it!

I've contacted and confirmed on the printing of my book. I will be taking another trip down to Markham and Steeles, this time to actual print the book out. I finished the further designing of the front and back cover the last two days. Everything is basically done. Maybe another final check for some mistakes tomorrow morning would do.

Yes, I would be printing out 2000 books this first batch. That is two times more than the first batch of Harry Potter!(Though I doubt the final sales figure will be anywhere close though! XD)

Yesterday, I had a meeting with my friends for the discussion of the fundraiser. I already have a more depth idea of the exact plan. So far, I've basically have two phases of selling planed out.

Phase 1

Selling in the school and through friends/ classmates.

The goal for the first phase is around 500 copies by the end of October. Mainly in my school and schools of my friends. The main focus will obviously be in my school, Agincourt CI. The exact date and ever detail of what I am going to do is still a question mark pending the discussion with the principal. Though what I have in mind right now is to start the promoting the first two weeks adn start the presale on the third. The official sales should began early October. I will also encourage my classmates to sell for me. Although I don't know how well could that go.

Phase 2

Selling in the community.

This is the part I am planning to go big on. I just learned today that setting up the book sale in shopping malls will be free! I will probably be selling this book in several major shopping centres around Toronto. Mainwhile, I will be contacting the media for publicity and promoting. I will probably contact all of the major media outlet for their support and voice. Once this is done, I think selling the rest 1500 copies should be no problem at all!

Now that I finished the actual writing of the book, the stress is gone. The selling and promotion wont be too easy, but it will sure be very exciting! From all the excitment and ice capp I just drank, I feel so hyper! My hand is trembling on the keyboard, I guess it's going to be tough for me to sleep tonight.

Thank you so much for all the support. Stay tunned to the good news over the next little while. I will mainly do the updates on the blog with the occasional messeges sent from facebook( Someone already complained about me spamming their inbox with useless info :( ).

See you all and I hope you have a GREAT last few days of summer!

No comments: