Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer? What summer?

As I reached the halfway point of the summer between the grade of dissapointment and probably a turning point of my life. I'm wondering to myself, what kind of summer did I really have?

Summer school data did go pretty well in July, and now I'm doing some prep work for grade 12 in August. Just as I type out this blog entry, I am actually "procrastinating" on my studying of circular motion. Though I might be having the nerdiest summer of all time, it is definitely not without some interesting moments.

Plan for writing? I actually got quite a bit.

If you payed attention to my rumblings on facebook, you'd realize that I've been kicking around the idea of my first novel. Yes, the title will change from "Adventureland" to "Infinity" and yes, I've slightly altered the plot( if you ever saw my facebook note about the original plot that is).

So why the change of name? What kind of twist did I pull? I'll give you a few subtle hints right now. They say that the beginning of the novel is an extremely important aspect, and this is percisely what I will give you right now:

Travis was running away. He did not what he was running away from, or where he was running to. However, at that present moment, running away never felt so refreshing, so darn good.


Yes, Travis is "running away" from something. What is he running away from? Where is he running to? You as the reader, will be just as confused as the main character himself and will uncover clues along with Travis throughout this novel.

Let me tell you right now: chapter 1, which I think would be written in a week or so, will raise way more questions than it will answer. It tells you nothing about the plot, or what is going to happen next. However, that is precisely my intention.

Enjoy August guys!

No comments: