Saturday, March 20, 2010

Zeroing in.

I admit it, it took alot more than some determination to decide to restart what was originally a flawless charity fundraiser. I haven't teared up this much in years in light of what happened last fall and I haven't teared up this much since the incident until now. If you know me personally, you know that I am generally this happy go lucky kid. It was not the case for last October, nor last night as a matter of fact.

My parents were just as shocked as I was when the incident happened and are just as traumatized as I am now they heard my thoughts about restarting this fundraiser. Last night was hell, not only because my parents were reluctant to allow me to do this again, but I have to get over my own self doubts as well. Flashbacks about last October was really a pain, but if I were to give up my goals now, those flashbacks will haunt me for the rest of my life.

I am willing to take that risk. I am willing to try my best to continue on what seemed like a perfect marathon; for myself, for my parents and for charity. "Imagine a world' charity fundraiser will restart again, this time, stronger than ever.

No comments: