Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The start of a new era

As we take the final jog of grade ten back from school on Friday, it meant the end of yet another school year for all of us. However, this jog, walk or maybe hobble of mine(with a sprained ankle) meant something extra; It meant an end to an era, and a start of a new one.

The last four years was fun indeed, from booing a teacher in front of the whole school and being one of the most unpopular kid in class, to the person I grew up to be today . From the optimistic kid who sat at the end of the table thinking things will eventually become better, to the optimistic kid who believes that he will be able to take on a big challenge. Terry overcame countless mental obstacles, taking them on with the typical Terry attitude, a positive one. This however will never be enough; What I lacked these four years are the extra juice, the extra effort and the extra mind-frame that will allow someone to achieve something special. from the get go of high school, I knew this time will need to come eventually. The time to digest that juice is now.

Looking ahead, to this summer, to grade eleven, to university, there are big challenges after big challenges. From the task of writing and selling a book, to the task of taking over the spot of top in the academic standing. From the typical stress of university/scholarship application to the typical stress of living-one-my-own university life itself. I will be venturing into territories I've never ventured before.

Will I be able to handle the stress? Will I really be able to put full effort on things after slacking off for four years? Will I really have the will power to stay consistent the whole time? Will I really be able to deliver my full potential?

These are the questions I have to answer throughout the next several years. Questions that I have the confidence that I will answer with authority.

Despite what looms ahead of me, I am looking forward to the challenges, looking forward to the stress and looking forward to the start of this new era.Taking on with me the belief a busy life is far more interesting than a non-eventful one. I will tackle whatever life throws at me for the next few years with full effort, full energy. The transformation from the king of procrastination to the king of academics will be painful but well worth it.

As the old cliche goes, an expression being used oh so often.

Bring it on.

No comments: